Edifiers Youth Network uses two-way approach to guide our work at community level towards achievement of our objectives.
- On one side, we provide effective means of engagement to our youth in community based programs and activities that inspires them to connect with each other, develop awareness about issues that affect their lives, develop their skills, and participate in opportunities that are necessary for creating community change.
- On the other, we facilitate youth to connect, inform them through awareness raising programs, empower them through building their skills, and this in turn inspires them to successfully design and implement programs and activities leading to positive transformation of their communities.
Based on varying interests of our youth, our work spans across a number of thematic areas. We are planning to establish Special Interest Groups for different thematic areas which will provide our youth members with an opportunity to connect and network with experienced professionals from relevant areas, willing to work with youth, share information and their experiences with them, and guide and support their work.
This arrangement will tap and build on youth potentials and channelize their energy based on their interests; inspires well informed, guided, and supported action; and ensures relevance, productiveness, and meaningfulness of youth action.
Some of the areas in in which our existing youth members have shown strong interest to work in are as follow:
- Relief and Rehabilitation
- Poverty Eradication
- Environment and Climate Change
- Water and sanitation
- People with Disabilities/ Vulnerable Groups
- Community Development
- Peace building and Conflict Resolution
[display-posts category=”programs” wrapper=”ul”]